Wednesday, March 2, 2011

CLIENT CENTERED COUNSELING
Introduction
This is also known as phenomenological approach to counseling or therapy. Kant described to different aspects of the world. The phenomena would plan thing which are independent of our senses and hence unknown and phenomena which means knowledge of things gained by our senses. Carl Rogers’s phenomenal field of this individual meant the totality of his own experiences. His theory is also called self theory since he places greater emphasis on getting to know oneself as much as possible the self being conscious part of the phenomenal field and the self concept being a series of hypothesis one has about oneself, right or wrong. The nucleus of his theory is his concept of self. He also assumed that h\the human being is an organism, the total individual.
Features
A few salient features of his personality theory are:
1) The individual is an organized whole and self actualization is his basic aim of life which is achieved only through his interaction with the environment as experienced and perceived by him.
2) The totality of experiences at a given time of which he is aware constitutes his phenomenal field that part of this field which the individual experienced as part of him self is his phenomenal self.
3) The most important and consistent self perceptions organize themselves in to a pattern that is self concise.
4) Most of the behaviors of the individual conform to the concept of self personality development Rogers’s means congruence between the phenomenal field and the concept of self resulting in to a balanced personality free from stress and anxiety.
5) The incongruence may lead to anxiety depression and threat.
Rogers’s approach to counseling first known as non-directive counseling and later called client centered therapy is found on certain assumption about the nature of human being.


Techniques and Characteristics of Counseling
The counseling technique of the client centered therapy aims at releasing individual’s potential and capacities of self actualization and self-development through the counseling interviews. It aims at helping the counselee grow, learn to solve his problems at his own and be a self-reliant being capable of facing life problems. It aims at bringing about an internal evaluation with in the counselee.
An important factor in non-directive counseling is the behavior of the counselor. The role of the counselor is that of a sympathetic and interested listener who passes no value judgments. He simply reflects back and relates in his own words the statements of the client, clarifies them only with out approving or disapproving them. Counselee relationship is of paramount importance. The counselor is required in this relationship to show warmth of feeling and understanding coupled with a non-evaluating attitude the counselor remains highly permissive, accepting the counselee neither probing nor interpreting nor showing any personal relation to what the counselee says. Internal change in the counselee is regarded a function of this permissive relationship.
He does not distort what happens between himself and his client. He always considers the client of great value irrespective of his faults and short comings. He is empathetic towards his client capable of accurately perceiving what the client things or feels.
Verbal behavior here is taken as data and one looks for what the person is “saying” beyond or behind the words he uses. Such sessions are carried on over periods of many hours and through overall workshops lasting for several days or a week or more. The groups eventually over come to discuss very basic feelings of one participant towards another and become more sensitive to the possible meanings statements that seem unit devoid of emotional content to the untrained.
Reference:
Fundamental Principles of Guidance and Counseling
- Sharma.]

4 comments:

  1. Hi everybody,
    this is giribabu shaadimeri provides best matrimonials and marriage councellor services in india. marriage councellor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came across your blog have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. counseling

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY EX IS FINALLY BACK TO ME

    I was so depressed when my ex left me for another woman. it made me felt like i was not relevant and my heart and love life was seriously destroyed. i could not concentrate in anything i was doing. i went online and searched for help but could not find any genuine spell caster until i went to Ocala Florida to visit my aunt to ease the depression and loneliness. when i got to Florida, i explained to my aunt who then felt pity for me and told me the secret she have not told anyone about the success in her marriage with her man. she then took me to the temple of powerful Dr. Ugo Wonders whom i met and explained my problems to. he promised to help me because of my aunt. i trusted his words and provided him with the materials needed to help me get my ex back and to my greatest surprise, after 48 hours of casting the spell, my Ex cam back on his knees begging for me to forgive him. i was shocked and surprised at the magic. we are happily married now and everything is working fine with us.I promised Dr. Ugo that i will never keep this a secret because he brought back my life and my world and that i will hare my testimony to the general public.
    My advice goes to any one out there who is emotionally depressed or having any similar relationship problem, to contact Dr. Ugo wonders the ultimate spell caster via his direct email generalspelltemple@gmail.com or call his temple line on +1 386-336-9876 he is the best in Florida....



    MY EX IS FINALLY BACK TO ME

    I was so depressed when my ex left me for another woman. it made me felt like i was not relevant and my heart and love life was seriously destroyed. i could not concentrate in anything i was doing. i went online and searched for help but could not find any genuine spell caster until i went to Ocala Florida to visit my aunt to ease the depression and loneliness. when i got to Florida, i explained to my aunt who then felt pity for me and told me the secret she have not told anyone about the success in her marriage with her man. she then took me to the temple of powerful Dr. Ugo Wonders whom i met and explained my problems to. he promised to help me because of my aunt. i trusted his words and provided him with the materials needed to help me get my ex back and to my greatest surprise, after 48 hours of casting the spell, my Ex cam back on his knees begging for me to forgive him. i was shocked and surprised at the magic. we are happily married now and everything is working fine with us.I promised Dr. Ugo that i will never keep this a secret because he brought back my life and my world and that i will hare my testimony to the general public.
    My advice goes to any one out there who is emotionally depressed or having any similar relationship problem, to contact Dr. Ugo wonders the ultimate spell caster via his direct email generalspelltemple@gmail.com or call his temple line on +1 386-336-9876 he is the best in Florida....

    ReplyDelete
  4. DIVORCE AND MARITAL BREAKTHROUGH

    It all started when my husband cheated on me with another woman unknowing to him that the woman is a wizard, the woman castes a spell on my husband which made my husband change his feelings towards me and the kids and broke our 6 years marriage. i was confused and stressed because of the pains of being a single mother, when i called a friend and explained my marital challenges to her, she instructed and directed me to contact a great powerful spell caster called Dr. Ugo Wonders living in Florida. i contacted Dr. Ugo and explained my problems, he assured me his help and it was 100% guaranteed. i provided the materials for the spell and in 48 hours, after Dr Ugo Wonders of generalspelltemple@gmail.com finished casting the spell, my husband was free from the evil woman spell and he came back home to us a day after begging us to forgive him. i was so shocked and short of words and here i am today happily testifying so the world can know how this great man helped me with his real powerful spell.
    To every one with marital problem, divorce issues, lost lover or any relationship related issues, you can contact Dr. Ugo wonders the ultimate spell caster via his email address generalspelltemple@gmail.com or call his mobile number directly on +13863369876

    ReplyDelete